Disney Recipe - Papaya, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad From Boma's
March 16, 2014
This recipe looks delicious!
You can order this if you dine at Boma's at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in Walt Disney World.
Papaya, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Serves 4 to 6
1 small papaya
1 ripe but firm avocado
10 mint leaves, julienned
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon honey
- Peel papaya, halve, and scoop out seeds. Dice into 1-inch cubes.
- Slice avocado lengthwise all the way around to pit. Gently twist sides in opposite directions to separate halves. Remove pit. Slip a large spoon in between the skin and the meat and scoop out flesh. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, peel and section the grapefruit, letting the pieces fall into a bowl. (Reserve juice for dressing.)
- Add papaya, avocado, and mint leaves; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, grapefruit juice, and honey.
- Pour dressing over the fruit and toss gently.
Francine Weinandy will be happy to help you plan your next Disney vacation so you can try this in person!